Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Feed the Dog, Lock up the Kids, and send Granny to Bed...It's Time to Rock Out! July 2006

A few weeks ago I was browsing ebay, looking for nothing in particular, when a certain auction grabbed my attention. The title was something to the effect of "The Complete Works of the Beatles Songbook." The opening bid - $0.99. So of course I did what any reasonable person would in such a situation, and threw down a bid. I assumed there was some sort of catch/hoax, but for 99 cents, I was willing to take a chance.

When the auction ended a few hours later, I got an email saying I had won, and instructing me to paypal the money. In return, I would receive an email with special link to download my item.

Download? Yeah, it was not a physical book I had just purchased, but instead one enormous .pdf file containing guitar tabs for basically every song the Beatles ever recorded. But for 99 cents I really wasn't too disappointed considering it would take me hours of time online to find and put together such a collection for myself.

My point (and, yes, there is one): I've been working my way through that huge file, and listening to a LOT of Beatles lately. However, I didn't think I'd be meeting everyone's expectations if I just tossed up a "here's what I've been listening to lately" post and just listed a bunch of Beatles song. One of my aims here is to maybe turn someone onto music they would otherwise miss out on, and if you've missed out on the Beatles, then you need more help than I can offer.

So here we go, some songs you might not have heard before (or maybe you have...whatever) that you may enjoy:
  1. Tokyo Police Club - Nature of the Experiment
  2. Venice is Sinking - Undecided
  3. Sufjan Stevens - Chicago (acoustic version)
  4. Silver Scooter - Regret Sets In
  5. I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness - According to Plan
  6. Kate York - All Dressed in You
  7. Danielson - Did I Step on Your Trumpet
  8. Clogs - 5/4
  9. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Wet Sand
  10. Anathallo - Hanasakajiijii (One: The Angry Neighbor)
  11. Final Fantasy - He Poos Clouds
  12. Levy - Matthew
  13. Hem - The Present
  14. Half-Handed Clouds - You've Been Faithful to Us Clouds
  15. Zero 7 - Futures
  16. Tapes 'N Tapes - Omaha
  17. Thom Yorke - Harrowdown Hill
  18. The Blackheart Procession - Not Just Words
  19. Camera Obscura - Let's Get Out of This Country
  20. The Flaming Lips - The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home