Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Phonetaps and other Holiday Cheer

Well, good ol' W has done it again. Less than a week after I post on this very site that I'm starting to regain some respect for the man for owning up to the Iraqi intelligence failures, the news breaks that he's been secretly allowing warrantless phonetaps of American citizens. And once that news broke, how did he handle it? Admit there were mistakes made (like with Iraq), and vow that it will never happen again? No.

He condemns those that broke the story and says the practice is a vital tool in the war on terror!

Jesus Christ! It's bad enough that I - or any one of us - may be spied upon by our own un-checked Executive Branch, but now I've been forced to use the Lord's name in vein right here at Christmastime, too. There is so much more I could say about this, as I think it is totally disgraceful, but everything I would say has been said before and said better by others.

In case you're one of the 2 or 3 people who reads this but doesn't also read "Salt in the Wound," here's a link to a much more informed and well thought-out version of my own reaction to this debacle: http://thebrewerpatriot.blogspot.com/2005/12/king-bush.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home