Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Virginia Tech Spites Me Twice in One Weekend

It was bad enough that the Hokies football squad went out and played like a bunch high schoolers against an awful Seminoles team on Saturday, punching FSU's BCS ticket. But then last night, the VaTech basketball team came down to Durham to take on Duke at Cameron. Now normally my intense hatred of Duke basketball prevents me from even watching them play at all (except against UNC), as I figure that even devoting a small amount of my time to viewing their brand of classless hoops in a way supports the program, and I would never do that.

That's right, get a 45 point lead on No Name University and leave your starting 5 on the floor. Yeah, you're awesome.

So as usual, I basically ignored the game last night, assuming the Hokies would just be the next victim of Coach K's maniacal ambitions. But then I noticed on the ticker that with mere seconds to go, VaTech is winning.....not my much, but they were winning. Of course, I immediately changed over to the game, planning to see the stunned looks of disbelief on the Duke fans' faces. Instead, what do I see? Freakin' Sean Dockery hits a last-second 50 foot 3-pointer to win at the buzzer. Great.

In honor of this miracle basket, I feel I must share the following picture. Thanks a million to my friend Richard for passing it my way. It's something that everyone needs to see.

Just in case anyone is unfamiliar with Duke basketball and its fans, this is what they all look like. Every single one of them. Going to UNC, I had several unfortunate opportunities to encounter these "Crazies," and I was creeped out every time. Where exactly does one even get their hands on an outfit like that? In Durham, that's where.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home