Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I'll Take Your Land...And Possibly Your Girlfriend, As Well

Wow. It's amazing what can happen in a matter of only a few days. First and foremost, the big news: I FINALLY HAVE A JOB!!! That's right, after months of uncertainty and self-doubt, I finally found gainful employment. And on top of that, I think I'm really going to enjoy the work, too. My firm does nothing but real estate law - which is basically what I had been holding out for since the beginning, and something that I was starting to believe maybe didn't even exist.

Turns out good things sometimes do actually come to those who wait.

So what am I doing day-to-day? They're starting me out with three main specialties: foreclosures, titles, and closings. More or less what Luke Wilson did in Old School (which, by the way, probably had more to do with my interest in the job than it should have). The part about taking your girlfriend is pure speculation as of now, based solely on the fact that I can actually say to girls, "Yeah, I'm an attorney...." I figure that should help.

Anyway, here's a quick rundown of my past few days:
Wednesday: Interview in Charlotte
Thursday: not much actually
Friday: Offer + Acceptance
Saturday: Down to Wilmington to find an apartment
Sunday: Back on the road to be ready to train for the week
Monday: Training in Fayetteville and Smithfield
Tuesday: Training in Lillington and Graham

The plan right now is finish training for the rest of this week, move down to Wilmington (hopefully) on Saturday, perhaps relax a little on Sunday, and then Monday hit it for real.

Right now, I am excited, scared, relieved, and a thousand other emotions all at the same time over this whole thing, but I feel like this was the right decision. I've barely even had time to tell many people everything that happened, so I thought I would just toss up this post to let folks know what was going on until I actually have a chance to make phone calls, send emails, and stuff of that nature. But for now I can finally say:

THE WAIT IS OVER!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home