Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Episode 3.5, or Something Like That

Work has been a beast lately, an as such, the blogging has suffered quite a bit. I do apologize to all (both) of my loyal readers. Anyway until I come back with something (meant to be) funny, creative, or original on my own, I ask you to direct your attention over to the website of Xpress Entertainment.

This group is putting together what looks to be a killer Star Wars fan-film, complete with an original story, detailed costumes, and real actors - they even landed Jeremy Bullock, who played Boba Fett in the original Trilogy. I've been known to check out a fan-film from time to time (don't act surprised; I've talked before about my unnatural love for all things Star Wars...oh, that wasn't surprise? It was pity? Yeah, that makes more sense) and most are very creative, some are actually pretty good, but very few have anything more than the most basic of production value.

Not these guys, though. Check out the concept art and promo banners. My favorite thing is the fact that the guy playing Chewbacca has his own personal costume. Err, no I take that back, my real personal favorite is the actress playing the part of Aliska Malii-Sin. Hottie!

I also admire how they are pulling out all the stops to avoid infringing any Lucasfilms copyrights. Despite the hours of work and planning that seem to have gone into this, a planned theatrical premier, and DVD release, the folks behind this endeavors don't want or expect to make a dime. They're doing it purely for the love of film and Star Wars.

That's something I can definitely support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home