Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Man, Was I WAY Off!

What an NCAA tournament so far. More overtimes, upsets, and close games than I can remember in any other edition of March Madness. My bracket was pretty much ruined after the first weekend, but now that the Final Four is set, I thought I would share exactly how bad my picks were:

I had LSU losing in the 2nd round to Syracuse

I had UCLA losing in the 2nd round to Marquette

I had George Mason losing its opener to Michigan State

I had Florida losing in the 2nd round to Wisc-Milwaukee

I had UConn beating Gonzaga for the Championship

Ouch.

My most obvious mistake was buying into the hype surrounding the Big East. I also greatly underestimated the strength of the SEC. I just don't remember hearing anything about that conference all season long. I assume there must have been some talk at some point....probably short mentions in between the "the Big East is the best conference the game has ever known" talk and the "the Big Ten is SO underrated and they're really going to make waves in the tournament" comments. I don't think anyone predicted George Mason to be anywhere near this position.

Shows what I know. But I can't wait to see what plays out next weekend.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:33 PM , Blogger The Brewer Patriot said...

    Yeah, no Final Four teams for me either. Thanks BC, UConn, Duke and Kansas! Did you read about that guy who got the final four teams right because he thought George Mason was George Washington? Ugh.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home