Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

It Don't Matter What He Said...He is Not My Doppleganger!

I think I've mentioned on here before how I seem to have a good "everyman" face, as I am frequently mistaken for other people. Although it's happened before, I had one of the more interesting mistaken identity encounters earlier this week. It went something like this:

Me [sitting on a bench at the courthouse, shuffling through some papers]
Strange Woman: Kenny! There you are! Kenny...
Me [assuming - incorrectly - that she must be addressing someone else, continue organizing my documents]
SW: Kenny? What are you doing...Oh, you're not Kenny!
Me: Oh, sorry....no, I'm not Kenny....
SW: Well, if you sit like that for too much longer, everyone will think you're Kenny
Me [completely lost for words]: uh.......

And then she walked off.

Unfortunately, I was in a pretty big hurry, or else I would have certainly remained sitting there a while longer to see if anyone else mistook me for "Kenny." What if some ruffians were out to get Kenny, but took out their aggressions on my instead? How about if Kenny's wife had walked up and began to gently massage my shoulders and whisper dirty secrets in my ear? What if Kenny himself had arrived? I feel like some sort of duel to the death would have ensued. Preferably with sabres. There can be only one!

Too bad we'll never know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home