Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Here's Some Music, Jerks

I love record stores. I'm not talking about the music departments at Best Buy or Target, or online browsing through Amazon or iTunes (although I've bought music from each of those establishments). I mean good, old fashioned locally-owned record shops.

The blaring music from some band you've never heard of. The kid behind the counter in the black t-shirt who thinks he's way too cool to talk to you. The CD's separated by cheap plastic dividers with the artists' names hand-written on them. That one back corner devoted entirely to local bands, and the other one where you can buy albums on vinyl. No 50-ft posters of Fergie enticing me to pick up a copy of "The Dutchess."

I found myself in just such a place on Saturday afternoon, just browsing. Stores like that have music from bands like this:
  1. Kyle Andrew - Amos in Ohio
  2. Hacienda Brothers - Cowboys to Girls
  3. Grabba Grabba Tape - Dr Groxtronix and Lil Kul Lo
  4. Tim Easton - Not Today
  5. Standard - Red Drop
  6. The Wrens - She Sends Kisses
  7. Roman Candle - Something Left to Say
  8. Over the Atlantic - Starsign
  9. Cities - Writing on the Wall (isan remix)
  10. Band of Horses - The First Song

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home