Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

NCAA Tourney Post...A Week Late

Well, the NCAA Tournament started during my moving-induced internet outage, so I didn't have a chance to post thought/predictions before the first two rounds wrapped up. In case you were curious, my original Final Four picks were Florida-UCLA and UNC-Texas A&M, with UCLA beating A&M for the title.

Kind of random, I guess, but I think the Pac 10 was very solid this year and kind of underrated. It did pain me to not have UNC go all the way, but just as I've though since this season started, I don't think we quite have the total package with this year's team. There have been flashes of brilliance throughout the year, but there have also been plenty of lows as well.

Based on last weekend's games, however, I think I have to change my pick to win it all to Ohio State. Because they have the best squad in the tourney? Absolutely not. Because they should have lost to Xavier, and every eventual champ has that one game they should've lost but somehow end up pulling a W out of their ass anyway? Bingo

It just always happens that way*.

My god, just foul the guy when he crosses half court! You're winning by 3! Two free throws are meaningless! The only thing that can hurt you is a......D'OH!

Enjoy the Sweet 16!


*Maybe it doesn't, but it seems that way to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home