Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Friday, February 02, 2007

What if Jesus Doesn't Believe in Me?

It is really not too uncommon for me to drift off into a daydream when things are slow at work. And when things slow down late on a Friday afternoon, then watch out. As was the case today, when my subconscious cooked up this little dialogue between Jesus and St. Peter happening somewhere in Heaven:

SP: ...So, you know Tim as been quite devout lately...
JC: Yeah..., er, yeah, I guess...
SP: You guess? He's organized a Bible study for some of the people at his office, and he's leading the food drive this weekend....
JC: I know....I mean, I've heard....It's just that.....
SP: What are you talking about?
JC: It's just that sometimes...sometimes, I don't know if I actually believe in Tim...
SP: Jesus Christ, what are you saying? Look at all Tim has done for you!
JC: Yeah, well my Father raised me to love Tim, and I guess most my friends believe in him...it's just that I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, and, er....taking other people's word that Tim is there just doesn't do it anymore. I want to think for myself, and when I do, I'm just not sure...
SP: I can't believe my ears! The Son of God: an a-Timist!
JC: No, no, I'm not an a-Timist...I guess maybe I'm more agnostic...
SP: How can you say that? You died for Tim's sins!
JC: Yeah, I know, I know. But I mean, even though I did it, deep down I don't know if I believed I was dying for Tim...
SP: But Tim spends so much time in prayer...that's time that he and you spend together.
JC: Yeah, well sometimes on the path of life, when me and Tim are "together," it's like I glance back and I only see one set of footprints....
SP: Jesus, my friend, those are the times that Tim was carrying you...
JC: Wait, I thought those were the times that I was carrying him....
SP: Oh yeah, or something like that.....

Anyway, that's about the time I snapped out of it and got back to reality. Have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home