Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Best. Quote. Ever.

I was downtown this afternoon, and as I walked past a bus stop, I overheard a few magical words that nearly stopped me dead in my tracks. If it were possible to walk any more slowly without seeming conspicuous, I definitely would have. But in an effort to avoid looking like I was blatantly eavesdropping, I kept moving. What little I came away with, however, changed me profoundly:

"Once they find out you have a helicopter, they think you're weak....and then they'll stick it up your butt!"

Thank you, crazy bus stop lady. Thank you.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:57 PM , Blogger Tommy Johnson said...

    WTF was this lady talking about? Where downtown were you? Sometimes people saying small seemingly innocuous things makes your day huh. Looks like we have almost identical interests. That VT game made me sick.....

     
  • At 4:37 PM , Blogger jonphiwil said...

    I have no idea what she was talking about. It happened at the bus stop on 2nd near the corner of Princess St...which usually has a pretty interesting assortment of folks there anyway.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home