Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Man, I thought The Who did some epic stuff...

Here's a link to an article I came across this morning about a 639-year long concert being performed in Germany. The piece was written by American composer John Cage (who, by the way, could also perform a mean shadow-kick) back in the 80's, and this particular performance was started in 2001. Anyway, I thought it was kind of interesting/bizarre.

http://travel.discovery.com/news/afp/20060102/chord.html?click=travelTkr

1 Comments:

  • At 1:26 PM , Blogger Andy said...

    Good Lord. I had to study some of John Cage's stuff in undergrad. Contemporary Music my asshole. Granted its definitely creative which I respect but its ridiculous.

    Perhaps his most famous piece, "4 minutes 33 seconds" requires the performer to come on stage, sit at the piano, close the keyboard cover, and sit in silence for 4 minutes and 33 seconds...and there are page turns in it at specific times.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home