Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Some Things I Noticed Today....

1) You will never find a more colorful cast of characters anywhere than at the county courthouse. It doesn't matter where you live. Don't believe me? Take a ride down there someday. Just hang around outside the clerk's office....you don't even have to go into an actual courtroom. And to me, this just begs the question: Why are there not more court-related sitcoms? Sure every show has that episode where a main character has gotten in some trouble and has to go to court, but I'm talking a series centered around the courthouse. I guess nobody wants to tread on Night Court's territory.

2) Lately my inner monologue has starting cursing a lot more than it used to. I'm not sure why or exactly when that started, but it has become quite noticeable to me. Where before it was "What was that guy thinking?" now it's "What the fuck was that guy thinking?" Maybe it has something to do with actually having a real job and being in the "real world." Maybe I've just grown bitter with age.

3) Today was a good day at work, but not because something good happened, but instead because nothing bad happened. I left work on Friday thinking I may have inadvertently royally screwed up something related to a new foreclosure my firm is handling. All weekend long I was on edge, anticipating the shitstorm I'd have to face today if I had really messed up as bad as I had feared. As it turned out I had done everything correctly, and it was merely a computer delay at one of the backwoods county courthouses I deal with that was the root of my apprehension. So is good simply the absence of bad? Is bad just the absence of good? That's way too philosophical for this blog, so I'll just move on.

4) I have a full-blown, middle-school-like crush on this woman than works at the courthouse. The only reason that's a little weird to me is because she's at least 10-15 years older than me, and I've never been one to stray too far from my own age in either direction. Now I don't think she's 40, but she's probably knocking on the door. But whatever. I don't care. She's hot, and she always flirts with me when I come in. You don't even want to know what my inner monologue has to say about her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home