Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Tales from the Road...5/3/06

Today I was working in Carteret County, NC, and after finishing up a little research in the Register of Deeds' office, it was lunchtime. Subway seemed like a solid choice, so I pulled in, got my food, and sat down. Uneventful so far.

Then a group of ladies entered and made their way to the counter. The first two seemed normal enough. They made polite small talk with the girl making the subs, and everything was going smoothly. Then the third lady placed her order.

A six-inch veggie.

The girl started to make the sandwich, but all of a sudden she was interrupted by cry from the lady which, by its tone would seem to convey a message such as "the oven's on fire!" or "there's poison in the mustard!" But those were not her words. What did she say?

"I'm supposed to get more cheese than that!"

The lady then proceeded to tell the poor girl "how the Subway Corporation makes its veggie subs," which, according to her, "requires twice as much cheese on veggie subs as on subs with meat."

From my seat, I couldn't tell whether the girl caved in a gave the lady more cheese. Honestly, I probably would have just to shut her up. I just couldn't believe someone would make such a big deal out of something so stupid.

I wish my life was so carefree that my biggest worry was the amount of cheese on my sandwich.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home