Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A Great Excuse to Drink More

One little hitch that came along with my move to the new place is the washer/dryer situation. My old place included a washer and dryer, where the new one only came pre-equipped with w/d hookups.

What to do?

Well I could drop $700 or more (actually lots more if I wanted to) to become the proud owner of the latest fabric-cleansing machinery, but the way I see it, I'll probably be in the market to buy a place after another year or so, and that would just make more crap to move. And if I were to buy my own condo or something, I'd probably want to pick a setup that actually worked there as opposed to lugging over old crap from my little apartment now.

Also, the space where the washer/dryer would go in here makes a great little storage area, where currently my bicycle, surfboard, snowboard, and my heavy winter clothes all reside.

So about the small problem of washing my dirty apparel?

Fortunately, this place is right around the corner from me. It's called Soapbox, and it's basically a bar/concert hall/club/laundromat. Here's the current schedule of bands coming through. So basically you toss in a load of whites, grab a beer, and then sit back and listen to some music.

I was in there on Sunday, and it's a very cool place. Kind of a Amsterdam coffee shop/indie rock club/Swiss youth hostel vibe - all of which are fine by me. There were no bands playing at the time, but most of the music coming from the jukebox was straight out of my own CD collection. Beers were reasonably priced and there was an impressive selection, and all of the bartenders/bouncers were very cool.

The patrons were sort of a mixed bunch...but come on, what kind of hooligan do you really expect to see out drinking at 1:00 on a Sunday afternoon?

Err, well, besides myself.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home