Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A Quick Plug for Superchunk

To all of the iTunes users out there, I'd just like to point out that Apple has added a section for Superchunk under its "Essentials" series. This is usually an honor reserved for much more commercially-popular bands, and often even entire genres or periods of music. And while I would've arranged the tracks a little differently if it were up to me (put "Cursed Mirror" and "Late-Century Dream" in Basics; move down "Florida's on Fire;" promote "Precision Auto"), overall the track list is pretty solid (This particular blog's namesake comes in at track 11 on Next Steps).

Superchunk is a band that not only makes great music, but one that has also shied away from bigger commercial success in the name of only making the music they want, the way they want to do it. I certainly have tremendous respect for that approach, and I just try to get the word out whenever I can.

Check them out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home