Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Feeling Old

I have some great neighbors at my apartment. We've been hanging out a lot more lately, and they're all good folks all around. The only thing - I'm not saying "problem," only "thing" - is that I've got almost three years on everyone else. Not that this should be an issue, and really it's not, but something happened the other night that made me feel really old.

I was at a small gathering across the hall, when I noticed a rather attractive young lady who didn't seem to be talking to anyone, so I went over to introduce myself (Side note: when I first noticed her, I thought to myself, "wow, she looks like a hotter version of a girl I dated in high school." Turns out she even had the same name as said girl. Irrelevant to this story, but pretty random nonetheless).

Anyway, the conversation eventually moved to the "so what do you do" phase, at which point she informed me she was a student at UNCW. Grad student? No. Fifth-year senior about to graduate? Try again. Nineteen year-old sophomore? Bingo.

Suddenly I felt like I may as well be about 43.

Not that that stopped me from talking to her, but it did make me feel kinda funny. (Side note #2: I don't think I've ever posted my "hitting on a younger girl in Ireland" story on here - probably one of the funniest/scariest/sketchiest days of life. I'm gonna check my archives for that one. If not, I'll definitely be sharing that one soon.)

1 Comments:

  • At 11:30 AM , Blogger Andy said...

    Nice work J-will. Nothing wrong with hitting on teenagers who's age ends in at least 8.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home