Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Let's Speculate About My Future!

Today at work I was researching a chain of title to a piece of land when I stumbled onto a fun little distraction. The Mecklenburg County Register of Deeds website has a section called "Fun Facts," where, among other things, you can look up the first name of the person you're most likely to marry. And since all of my friends are getting married these days, and I don't even have a girlfriend, I decided to give it a shot. Here are my top 5 matches:
  1. Jennifer
  2. Kimberly
  3. Julie
  4. Amy
  5. Michelle
(Sorry to any Heathers, Deborahs, or Dawns who were holding out hope for me)

So then I started to think, if I did marry a Jennifer, who would it be? Jennifer Aniston? Jennifer Lopez? Gov. Jennifer Granholm of Michigan? There certainly are quite a few to choose from.

However, I think there would be a big downside to me ending up with a Jennifer - that the name is just a little too similar to my own. Hear me out on this one. Look how effortlessly the following phrases just role off the tongue: "We should have Jon and Jenn over for dinner," "Jon and Jenn just got back from Uganda," and "No I would never have a threesome, unless it was with Jon and Jenn."

I just feel like I would have to give up a large amount of my individuality if I were to marry a Jennifer. And can you image if one or both of us were famous? "Joniferr" is way too easy. I don't think I could deal with that.

Sorry, Jennifer.



**Update**
Shortly after I poseted this, I had to give the good folks at T-Mobile a call to straighten out a problem with my account. The customer service rep who helped me out was named Jennifer. I thought that was kind of funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home