Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

One Thing Missing from my Life: A Cool Catch-Phrase

Lately I've been thinking a lot - and by "lately" I mean earlier today, and by "thinking a lot" I mean when I was daydreaming on the way work - and have come to this conclusion:

I think my social life could improve immensely if I had a great 80's sitcom-style catch-phrase. Just imagine the fun. Hanging out with your friends, and hit a lull in the conversation? Catch-phrase time! No good ice-breaker for the cute girl in the bar? Bam! Have an argument with a good buddy? Lighten the mood with a great one liner! Oh, the possibilities are endless.

But what to say? I've narrowed it down to my top three choices:

1) ...all the way to Cambodia!
As in:
"I'd kick his ass all the way to Cambodia!" or,
"You can tell that story all the way to Cambodia, but that doesn't make it true."

2) I'm pissing crystal over here!
As in:
"What is taking her so long? I'm pissing crystal over here!" or,
"Of course I'm excited for the big game...I'm pissing crystal over here!"

3) ...even if I were covered in Kevlar!
As in:
"You think Diane is cute? Dude, I wouldn't touch her even if I were covered in Kevlar!" or,
"Ron is a fucking slob. I wouldn't hang out at his place even if I were covered in Kevlar!"

Clearly any one of these phrases would be useful in a variety of social situations, but to be a true catch-phrase, I need to stick with one and really make it my own. Perhaps some real-world testing is in order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home