Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

"...Where Could I beeeee? Believe it or not, I'm not Hooooome!"

So yeah, it's been awhile. And the reason? The perfectly legitimate, yet altogether unexciting:

"Work has been terrible lately."

I know...so lame. But here's what happened - At the end of March we lost an attorney. Not such a huge deal at 20 lawyer firm. Mid-April, another one bites the dust. "We'll all have to pitch in a little extra to pick up the slack," my boss says. The very next week, we say goodbye to yet another. "Since our case load is down a little anyway, it's not such a bad time for this to happen," the aforementioned boss announces.

Now I essentially have 2 jobs (same pay, of course). Over the past month, it has become routine to wake up at 5:30 to get some work done at home before the courthouse opens at 8:30. When the courthouses close at 5:00, I typically have 3 or 4 hours of work to look forward to at night. Sometimes I get lunch/dinner breaks. Sometimes not.

That has a way to cut into the posting time. Today, I finished up around 7:00 and it felt like summer vacation. Anyway, I do actually have some vaguely creative, informative, entertaining ideas I'd like to write about if I get around to it. Maybe this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home