Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Dear Girl from the Register of Deeds Office this Morning:

Hi,

We don't know each other, but I need to let you know something: You are absolutely one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen in my life. I was only in the office for about 10 minutes this morning to look up a deed before my hearing, but that was more than enough time to be awe-struck by your radiant good looks. I tried my hardest not to stare, but there was more than one occasion where I just couldn't help it.

We never did have one of those "our eyes meet awkwardly for one brief moment so I look away really quickly and try to act like I was looking at something else" moments though, so maybe you didn't notice. That's probably for the best, because I would terrible if I came off as creepy or in any way made you feel uncomfortable. And besides, from what I could tell, you were very busy - you even had the "I spent a lot of time on my hair this morning, but I just have so much to do, I'm gonna put it in a ponytail to keep it out of my face" look going on, which was awesome by the way.

If I had had more time, I promise I would've come up with some lame to reason to talk to you (which I'm sure you would've seen right through). But alas, my time was short, and I had to leave before I could collect my thoughts enough to form a coherent sentence. And when I went back after my hearing (yeah...I did actually go back), you were gone.

I just thought I should tell you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home