Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Our Government at Work

During those seemingly endless months of unemployment that occupied my life in late '05 and early '06, I sent a lot of resumes to the federal government. A lot. People had warned me that the government operated on a slightly longer timeframe than most employers when it came to contacting new hires, and I was OK with that. I had rejection letters and callbacks (mostly rejection letters) show up several weeks or sometimes even months after the closing deadlines for some positions. And I was OK with that.

But today I was blown away.

Not only did I receive a phone call this morning from one agency in DC wanting to set up an interview, but when I got home this afternoon, I had a shiny new rejection letter in the mail from another.

Keep in mind I haven't mailed out a single resume since January. So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home