Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Forever Young?

Not that I really need an excuse to reference a Rod Stewart song title, but I thought this was pretty funny. I went to Subway for lunch this afternoon after being in court for the better part of the day, and as such, I was wearing a suit and was completely clean-shaven. (Confession time: on days where I don't go to court, I usually sport just the tie and khakis, and every once in a while I can manage a day off from shaving and still look presentable. Anyway....)

So as I walk in, the girls behind the counter are busy restocking/cleaning/etc as there were no other customers in there. I wasn't really eavesdropping, but the terms "graduation," "summer vacation," and "final exams" were being thrown around freely. These were high schoolers. But when the one girl stepped up to take my order, she started openly flirting with me...I could barely request some of that delicious new pepperjack cheese as she wouldn't stop talking about how nice I looked all dressed up.

But here's the kicker: she thought I was her age, in a suit trying to land a summer internship or something.

Not that she was that hot, or that I would ever (probably) pursue a high schooler even if she was hot, but at the time I did get a certain satisfaction from knowing I can still potentially pass for being in my upper teens. Then later I realized that one of the only advantages to this trait is, well, being able to pick up high school girls.

And that made me a little sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home