Skip Steps 1 & 3

Exploring that Awkward Time of Life in between Grad School and Marriage.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Turning Your Blue Eyes Red and Your Blue Skies Gray: June '06

Geez, I can't believe the year is halfway over. So far 2006 has produced some very fine music, and in honor of reaching halftime on the calendar, I offer you an expanded version of the monthly must-listen list.
  1. Drive By Truckers - Gravity's Gone
  2. The Raconteurs - Hands
  3. Evangelicals - Here Comes Trouble
  4. Pearl Jam - Life Wasted
  5. The Boy Least Likely To - I'm Glad I Hitched My Apple Wagon to Your Star
  6. Modern Skirts - Pasadena
  7. The Zutons - Valerie
  8. Levy - Rotten Love
  9. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow (Hey Oh)
  10. Office - Wound Up
  11. The Flaming Lips - The Sound of Failure
  12. Claxico - Cruel
  13. Belle and Sebastian - Song for Sunshine
  14. Portastic - I Want to Know Girls
  15. Ted Leo/Pharmacists - Little Dawn

Bonus Track:

2006 Top Albums So Far

Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam

Josh Rouse - Subtitulo

Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers

Honorable Mentions:
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium
The Flaming Lips - At War with the Mystics
Stereophonics - Live from Dakota
Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

PS: Pearl Jam fans, don't forgot to watch/tivo PJ's appearance on VH-1's "Storytellers" this weekend. Normally I only watch VH-1 for it's "I Love the 80's"-type shows, but this one looks promising. Maybe we'll even get a soundtrack CD. I know the Counting Crows episode found its way to a CD release, and we all know Pearl Jam is not one to shy away from releasing a live disc. Cross your fingers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home